The company will spin-off and distribute common stock in the asset management company on June 30, 2014. NorthStar Realty will also conduct an internal corporate reorganization and a one-for-two reverse stock split in connection with distribution of shares in the spin-off company. NorthStar Realty shareholders will receive one share of NorthStar Asset Management for each share of NorthStar Realty they own after the reverse stock split.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NRF's share price has jumped by 89.40%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $53.70 million or 25.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 30.28%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 348.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $47.96 million to -$119.37 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NRF Ratings Report