W Hotels Worldwide and Chesapeake Lodging Trust today unveiled the full-scale, $38 million renovation of W Chicago – Lakeshore, which combines the energy of the ‘Windy City’ with the glittering waters of Lake Michigan. The only hotel located on iconic Lake Shore Drive in the heart of the city, W Chicago – Lakeshore has transformed all 520 guestrooms and its signature Living Room experience; expanded its 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space to include three new outdoor spaces; and introduced a new signature restaurant, CURRENT, with Executive Chef Gregory Elliott at the helm.
“W Chicago – Lakeshore has been reimagined to reflect iconic architecture and vibrancy of Chicago, pulling inspiration from the 24/7 energy of the W brand DNA,” said Anthony Ingham, Vice President, North America Global Brand Management, W Hotels. “With new cutting-edge designs and reinvigorated bar, restaurant and event spaces throughout, the reveal of W Chicago – Lakeshore is a true milestone in our strategy to ensure W Hotels around the country deliver a dynamic lifestyle experience for both guests and locals alike.”
“We are very proud of our transformation of this incredible hotel,” said Jim Francis, President and CEO of Chesapeake. “The project’s end result captures all the design and energy elements we had hoped for and so much more.”
The transformation of W Chicago – Lakeshore is a key project in the second wave of renovation projects, part of the W brand’s plan to reinvigorate its iconic North American portfolio. The aggressive strategy includes a significant investment by the W brand and its ownership groups with cutting-edge updates to public spaces, new signature bar and restaurant concepts, and stylish guestroom refreshes in key markets, including New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Mexico City and Washington DC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV