Heavy Trading On G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Before Market Open
- GIII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.0 million.
- GIII traded 27,851 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:48 AM, representing 18.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GIII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GIII NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GIII: G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. designs, manufactures, and markets women's and men's apparel. The company's products include outerwear, dresses, sportswear, swimwear, women's suits, and women's performance wear. GIII has a PE ratio of 21.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate G-III Apparel Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for G-III Apparel Group has been 223,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. G-III Apparel Group has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.01 and a short float of 11% with 10.60 days to cover. Shares are up 8.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates G-III Apparel Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 14.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 67.03% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GIII should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- G-III APPAREL GROUP LTD has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, G-III APPAREL GROUP LTD increased its bottom line by earning $3.69 versus $2.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.20 versus $3.69).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 15.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1.12 million to $1.29 million.
- You can view the full G-III Apparel Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts