DETROIT, June 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering the new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced new mobile capabilities across the Compuware APMaaS platform that further extends its leadership in mobile performance and user experience management. This new release is the first and only unified APM solution to offer an end-to-end view of how apps are being used, how they are performing as seen from the users and what code improvements can help improve satisfaction and conversion.
- Root Cause Analytics from Swipe-to-SQL: All mobile transactions whether they are run by real users, a load test, from a mobile carrier (over-the-air), Internet Backbone or Last Mile can leverage Compuware's deep-dive transaction tracing capabilities, powered by PurePath TM and PureStack TM technologies. With this technology organizations can analyze root causes of poor performance from a "swipe" action executed from a real or synthetic user at the edge of the Internet to the resulting SQL statements executed in the heart of the application infrastructure. Only Compuware APMaaS delivers this end-to-end level of visibility.
- Industry-First Visibility into iOS 8 and Swift: Crash diagnostics, performance and business analytics for native mobile apps developed for iOS 8 and the Swift development language can now be made available automatically. Companies can now gain deep insight and be ready for Apple's next generation devices and services.
- Drastically Expanded Mobile Testing Geographic Presence: Mobile tests can now be run from 100+ wireless carrier locations, 100+ Internet Backbone and tens of thousands Last Mile peers across the Compuware APMaaS Network. Testers can now select a combination of networks and locations, significantly extending the global mobile perspective. Mobile test results across all networks can be reported and charted together allowing 'compare and contrast' analysis from different geographies and carriers.
- Mobile Load Testing Support: The same mobile tests can now be used across the monitoring network and the web load testing service, allowing gesture-based mobile tests with thousands of virtual users from various cloud locations in minutes. This also enables companies to conduct realistic load-testing scenarios combining mobile and desktop users to test performance and availability under peak conditions. Deep transaction tracing—powered by PurePath TM and PureStack TM technologies—enables rapid problem discovery and resolution.
- Extended Mobile Network with 4G LTE Coverage: Compuware's industry-leading Mobile Performance Network has been extended even further with 4G LTE locations across North America and Australia, including support for Bells, Telus and Rogers in Toronto, Canada, and Telstra and Optus in Sydney and Melbourne Australia. Compuware customers continue to benefit from mobile visibility in every geography across the globe.
- New Mobile App for Compuware APMaaS: IT professionals can now manage application performance from Android or iOS devices from anywhere in the world with quick "at-a-glance" views of real-time performance and availability of mission-critical applications. Top-level views organize real-time performance and availability to highlight problematic applications. One tap drill-down allows for quick problem analysis of the scope of issues. The free Compuware Mobile APM app is available at Apple's App Store and Google Play.
- U.S. Mobile Benchmarks now use 4G/LTE: Compuware APM U.S. Benchmarks now measure mobile sites using the 4G LTE protocol from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint – giving users the ability to understand and compare their mobile site performance against competitors from multiple perspectives, including a new 4G LTE mobile perspective.