- Reducing plastics waste by 9 percent per unit of production since 2011 at 20 facilities through a collaborative approach in which participating facilities share learnings and tools to improve efficiency and financial performance. Baxter is exploring how to use this approach to reduce other waste streams across the company. Additionally, Baxter’s Northampton, United Kingdom, distribution facility met its zero-waste-to-landfill goal in October 2012, and during 2013 the facility further improved waste sorting and increased employee awareness of waste generation at the site. Baxter is pursuing zero waste-to-landfill status at other locations.
- Initiating a community water project with a local non-governmental organization near the company’s Cuernavaca, Mexico, facility to build the community's capability to sustainably manage its water supply and sanitation systems at local schools. Engaging and educating the local community with tools on how to preserve this resource helps to ensure the long-term sustainability of the program. Baxter is also continuing a similar partnership near the company’s Canlubang, Philippines, facility to improve water, sanitation and hygiene conditions for local residents.
- Optimizing product transport through technology that helps transportation planners maximize the amount of weight per truckload. The reduction in truck shipments is expected to save 2,300 metric tons carbon dioxide equivalent of emissions. Baxter’s largest distribution center in the United States initially implemented this technology and the company plans to begin using the application at other U.S. facilities.
- Partnering with the Vinyl Council of Australia (VCA) to launch the VCA's PVC Recovery in Hospitals initiative in Australia, which collects used PVC medical products for recycling into new products, such as garden hoses, road cones and floor matting. Baxter Australia plans to expand the program in 2014 and has initiated a pilot in New Zealand. Baxter is exploring how this type of program may work in other countries and regions.
Baxter’s Fifteenth Sustainability Report Highlights Commitment To Innovative Programs And Sustainable Design
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.