- Transforms your iPad into a mobile physical photography camera
- Easy and intuitive to use and affordable to own at $499
- Captures items as small as a shoe and as large as an SUV to deliver instant 3D printables
- Powered by popular Sense software with full Cubify platform interoperability
- Compatible with iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad 4 with Retina display
ROCK HILL, S.C., June 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that its iSense™ 3D scanner for iPad is immediately available for pre-order on Cubify™ and through affiliated retailers, resellers and distributors with commercial shipments to commence in the second half of July. Previewed at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show, the iSense is ideal for physical photography on the go, empowering users to easily capture and readily 3D print their memorable moments. Powered by 3DS' popular Sense 3D scanning software, the iSense scans wirelessly in seconds for an easy capture experience.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=26148.
As the newest addition to 3DS' consumer offering, the iSense fully integrates with the Cube® family of consumer and prosumer 3D printers and also offers direct upload options to Cubify for cloud printing in a range of materials including Ceramix, Aluminix and Clear.Powered by 3DS' popular Sense software, the iSense gives you the freedom to scan anything and you don't have to stand still or place an object into a box as required with other 3D scanners. Users simply attach the iSense to an iPad, walk around and scan entire objects or environments obtaining a digital copy of the real thing.