NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Best Buy Co., Inc.
(BBY) are up slightly in pre-marekt trade, 0.52% to $29.2, as the technology products retailer evaluates its portfolio abroad and considers its options, including a sale or partnership for its Chinese business, sources told the Wall Street Journal.
The company is working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAC), sources say.
The Chinese business reportedly could be sold for about $300 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV