SAN DIEGO, June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) announced today that the commercial launch of MabThera ® SC in Europe has triggered a $5 million milestone payment to Halozyme during the second quarter under the License and Collaboration Agreement between Halozyme and Roche. Following the launch of Herceptin ® SC in September 2013, MabThera SC is the second novel subcutaneous formulation of one of Roche's oncology products using Halozyme's patented Enhanze TM (recombinant human hyaluronidase) technology to be launched in Europe.
The approval of MabThera SC in Europe in March 2014 for the treatment of patients with follicular lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma was primarily based on a clinical development program which showed that SC administration enabled the delivery of MabThera over approximately five minutes versus 2.5 hours intravenously without compromising its proven efficacy and safety. This innovative formulation could potentially save time for patients, physicians and other health care providers in Europe.
About non-Hodgkin lymphomaThere are two main types of lymphoma: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).NHL represents approximately 85% of all lymphoma diagnosed 1 and was responsible for approximately 200,000 annual deaths worldwide in 2012 2.
Lymphomas are a cancer of the lymphatic system (composed of lymph vessels, lymph nodes and organs) which helps to keep the bodily fluid levels balanced and to defend the body against invasion by disease. Lymphoma develops when white blood cells (usually B-lymphocytes) in the lymph fluid become cancerous and begin to multiply and collect in the lymph nodes or lymphatic tissues such as the spleen. Some of these cells are released into the bloodstream and spread around the body, interfering with the body's production of healthy blood cells.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV