June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 2014 CGI AMERICA MEETING - The Salesforce.com Foundation today announced that it will commit
$6 million as part of a new effort to expand youth employment opportunities. This Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Commitment to Action is included as a part of Job One, a major set of commitments announced by former Secretary of State
Hillary Rodham Clinton at this week's 2014 CGI America meeting. By expanding partnerships with Genesys Works and Year Up, the Salesforce.com Foundation will support the creation of 400 new internships and 150 new post-internship placements for youth.
Comments on the news:
- "At the Salesforce.com Foundation, we're dedicated to improving communities around the world, particularly local communities where our employees live and work," said Suzanne DiBianca, president, Salesforce.com Foundation. "We're excited to announce this Clinton Global Initiative commitment as it will expand youth employment opportunities both in the United States and abroad."
- "The Salesforce.com Foundation is committed to scaling up its BizAcademy program, which provides real job skill workshops and intensive mentoring to underserved youth and plans to provide 400 paid, corporate internships for at-risk youth," said Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Bridging the Gap: Salesforce.com Foundation's Commitment to Opportunity Youth
the United States alone, there are nearly six million young adults between the ages of 16-24 who are out of work, out of school and without access to education and career opportunities. Defined as Opportunity Youth, these young adults – often from under-resourced and low-income communities – lack access to education and careers that provide them with a living wage. At the same time, while the
U.S. Department of Commerce recently reported that the number of jobs involving science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) expertise has tripled in the past decade, many of these jobs go unfilled due to a lack of qualified applicants.
To bridge this gap, the Salesforce.com Foundation will commit
over three years to scale its youth mentoring and internship programs. The commitment includes:
Job One and The Clinton Global Initiative
- Expanding partnerships with nonprofits Genesys Works and Year Up to provide job training to Opportunity Youth. The Salesforce.com Foundation will support the creation of 400 internships and 150 post-internship placements for Opportunity Youth in a variety of roles, including tech support, project coordination and software testing at salesforce.com and other technology companies.
- Scaling and expanding BizAcademy, the Foundation's mentoring and workforce development program. Through progressive opportunities such as seminars, mentorships, courses and internships, BizAcademy provides Opportunity Youth a chance to learn core business and entrepreneurship skills at salesforce.com. Over the next three years, the program expects to serve more than 170 students in North America and 60 students in Europe and Asia. The Salesforce.com Foundation will also expand the reach of its BizAcademy curriculum to other participating companies.
- Educating other companies about the benefits of engaging youth into the workplace and continuing to educate the Salesforce.com Foundation partner network to take on Opportunity Youth interns and job applicants.
At the 2014 CGI America meeting, Secretary Clinton announced Job One, a major set of commitments – including the Salesforce.com Foundation's – focused on improving job pathways for youth in
the United States
. To facilitate the sharing of best practices and encourage more companies to adopt youth employment activities, Secretary Clinton also announced at the 2014 CGI America meeting that CGI will be creating a U.S. Youth Employment Action Network to help CGI members continue to work on this important issue over the year ahead.
About the Salesforce.com Foundation
The Salesforce.com Foundation is based on a simple idea: leverage salesforce.com's product, equity and time to help improve communities around the world. We call this integrated corporate philanthropic approach the 1-1-1 model. Since the Foundation's inception in 1999, more than 22,000 nonprofit and higher education organizations in 115 countries are using donated and discounted Salesforce licenses, more than
in grants have been awarded, and employees have committed more than 620,000 hours of their time to volunteer and pro bono projects. For more information on the Salesforce.com Foundation, please visit
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (
) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit:
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in
, with offices in
, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit
, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
About Clinton Global Initiative America
The Clinton Global Initiative America (CGI America), a program of the Clinton Global Initiative, addresses economic recovery in
the United States
. Established in
, CGI America brings together leaders in business, government, and civil society to generate and implement commitments to create jobs, stimulate economic growth, foster innovation, and support workforce development in
the United States
. Since its first meeting, CGI America participants have made over 300 commitments valued at more than
when fully funded and implemented. To learn more, visit
Established in 2005 by President
, the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI), an initiative of the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation, convenes global leaders year-round and at its Annual Meeting to create and implement solutions to the world's most pressing challenges. CGI also convenes CGI University, which brings together undergraduate and graduate students to address pressing challenges in their communities and around the world. To date, members of the CGI community have made more than 2,800 Commitments to Action, which are already improving the lives of more than 430 million people in over 180 countries. When fully funded and implemented, these commitments will be valued at
. For more information, visit
and follow us on Twitter
and Facebook at
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts