The stock hit a 52-week high of $32.40 on Tuesday and closed up 3.01%, or 94 cents, to $32.17. More than 15.5 million shares changed hands, more than triple the average volume of 4,895,710.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- WEYERHAEUSER CO has improved earnings per share by 19.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WEYERHAEUSER CO increased its bottom line by earning $0.95 versus $0.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.42 versus $0.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 34.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $144.00 million to $194.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 278.68% to $109.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WEYERHAEUSER CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.28%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WY Ratings Report