3 Stocks Pushing The Health Services Industry Lower
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, OPK's share price has jumped by 31.44%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- OPK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, OPK has a quick ratio of 2.11, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 48.05% is the gross profit margin for OPKO HEALTH INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OPK's net profit margin of -200.01% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 30.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$34.22 million to -$44.55 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$29.05 million or 96.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts