HOUSTON, June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass jumped more than 12 points to take the No. 1 spot with customers in American Banker's annual survey of the reputations of the top 25 largest U.S. retail banks.
The magazine noted in its July issue that BBVA Compass came within 2 points of achieving a "top-tier" score of 80 or higher, territory no bank has seen since American Banker and the Reputation Institute started the survey in 2010. BBVA Compass also was the only bank to rank in the top five across all seven dimensions of reputation among customers: governance, products, performance, innovation, workplace, citizenship and leadership.
"We've always known that building our bank's reputation is everyone's responsibility — it can't fall to one team and can't be focused in one direction, but must be embedded in everything we do," said BBVA Compass Chairman and CEO Manolo Sanchez. "We couldn't have gotten these results if we hadn't weaved that into the BBVA Compass fabric."
American Banker said BBVA Compass' score is "no aberration," citing its new core banking platform that provides the full scope of each customer's relationship and the state-of-the-art BBVA Compass Plaza as examples of the bank's leadership.The magazine relied on the Reputation Institute to compile its report. The annual study was conducted via an online questionnaire in January and February of 2014, and each organization was rated by 100 customers and at least 100 non-customers. The bank landed at No. 12 among non-customers. Sanchez told American Banker that BBVA Compass, which is relatively new to the crowded U.S. marketplace, is making it a priority to reach those non-customers so they understand how the bank is making strides in its efforts to be the bank of the future. To read the July issue of American Banker featuring the 2014 rankings and a Q&A with CEO Sanchez, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV