On 6/26/14, U.S. Bancorp's Series F Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock (USB.PRM) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4062, payable on 7/15/14. As a percentage of USB.PRM's recent share price of $28.37, this dividend works out to approximately 1.43%, so look for shares of USB.PRM to trade 1.43% lower — all else being equal — when USB.PRM shares open for trading on 6/26/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.74%, which compares to an average yield of 5.52% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, USB.PRM was trading at a 13.32% premium to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average premium of 0.11% in the "Financial" category. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of USB.PRM shares, versus USB:
Below is a dividend history chart for USB.PRM, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4062 on U.S. Bancorp's Series F Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, U.S. Bancorp (USB) makes up 3.43% of the Bank and Brokerage ETF (RKH) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV