RICHMOND, Va., June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is coming to Flatiron Plaza in Manhattan June 27‐28, the first stop on a national research and education program to have conversations about a pressing issue confronting many Americans: how to plan and pay for long term care needs for our aging population.
The United States is undergoing a profound demographic change – every day, over 10,000 Americans turn 65[i], so that during the next forty years, the U.S. population over 65 will double[ii].
The Genworth #LetsTalk Tour will kick-off in New York and is a chance for the company to meet directly with families. Since many family conversations are accompanied by coffee, the centerpiece of Genworth's #LetsTalk event will be a three story‐tall mug, adorned with facts and figures about health and long term care.
- Visitors will be welcome from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. They can participate in an interactive quiz about the most surprising facts shown on the outside of the mug, and will be asked who‐where‐how questions: who they should talk with about long term care, where the talk might take place, and how they anticipate the talk will take shape.
- Visitors can then go inside the mug, where they will have their photo taken with a giant mug with a message addressed to the person they named when answering the "who" question. For example, "Mom, Let's Talk!" The photo will be emailed to them, so they can share it with friends and family, and then printed on-site with a conversation checklist on the back.
- Everyone who participates will receive a complimentary cup of coffee and mug. Throughout the day, prizes will be distributed.
- Rob Lowe will be lending his ears and voice to the event as well. "I'm excited to help kick-off Genworth's #LetsTalk Tour, an initiative to help families start the conversation around long term care planning," says Lowe. "The timing couldn't be more perfect, as long term care is the most overlooked health and retirement security issue facing Americans today. As a father of two, I know there's a definite need to have these sometimes awkward family conversations and, more important, having them now versus later."
The Genworth #LetsTalk Tour is visiting five cities across the United States – New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas – in addition to engaging people via social media. Through 1:1 interactions on the #LetsTalk Tour, the company plans to connect with at least 15,000 people, who will help Genworth better understand attitudes regarding long term care and how best to start a family conversation about long term care planning.Genworth will share the findings of the research and intends to use these findings to help educate others on how to have "the talk." In addition, throughout the tour, Genworth will provide resources to help answer families' long term care planning questions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV