The EC in its 2012 statement of objections said Slovak Telekom's high wholesale prices made it impossible for alternative operators to operate profitably in the retail broadband market.
Deutsche Telekom is considered liable because it holds a 51% stake in Slovak Telekom, while the Slovak government owns the rest. The fine isn't expected until September, Reuters said.
Shares of Deutsche Telekom are up 0.58% to $17.27.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV