NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Avon Products announced it will eliminate 600 more jobs as it tries to cut expenses and restore profitability.
(AVP) said it will cut another 600 jobs, on top of the 650 job cuts the company announced in December, in an attempt to cut expenses.
The cuts, most of which will be in its corporate organization and North American business, are part of a restructuring program to save $400 million by 2016.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV