PARSIPPANY, N.J., June 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Budget Car Rental is doubling its number of rental facilities in Germany. As part of the Company's strategic growth initiative, Budget has opened more than 100 new locations since April and plans to open 50 additional facilities next month. This expansion brings the total number of rental facilities in Germany to nearly 300.
The new rental facilities are being operated by independently-owned licensees of Avis Car Rental, who now are also licensees of Budget Car Rental in Germany. While Avis Budget Group operates most on-airport and metropolitan locations in Germany directly, licensees have the rights to operate under the Budget brand in specified local-market territories in Germany, in accordance with Budget's strict brand standards.
"We are committed to expanding Budget's footprint across Europe to better serve value-conscious business and leisure travelers," said Larry De Shon, president, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Avis Budget Group. "By leveraging our strong licensee partners across Germany and dual-branding locations, we can enhance Budget loyalty and drive improved profitability for both Avis Budget Group and our licensees."New locations include Aachen, Erfurt, Fulda, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Ingolstadt, Marburg, Passau and Starnberg. About Budget Budget Car Rental is one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 3,350 locations in more than 120 countries. Budget is an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travelers and also operates the second-largest truck rental business in the United States, through a network of approximately 1,650 locations. Budget is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For further information, visit www.budget.com .
CONTACT: Alice Pereira (973) 496-3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV