NEW YORK, June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation ( NYSE:MDP; www.meredith.com) announced today it will launch Parents Latina, a new English-language magazine focused on serving U.S. Hispanic millennial mothers, one of the fastest-growing demographics in the United States.
"We believe Parents Latina will have tremendous appeal to the growing market of second-generation Hispanic moms who crave cultural relevance in their media but prefer to consume it in English," says Carey Witmer, President, Meredith Parents Network. According to census data, currently one out of four children born in the United States is Hispanic, and that is expected to grow to one out of three by 2030.
"Our research shows that nine out of 10 second-generation Hispanic moms find the concept of Parents Latina appealing to them, and reflected their cultural values and heritage," says Dana Points, Content Director, Meredith Parents Network.
Parents Latina will have a guaranteed ratebase of 700,000 and will be published four times a year. Parents Latina will debut in Spring 2015 and will complement Meredith's existing Spanish-language brand, Ser Padres."Today, Meredith serves more than six million Hispanic women across our print and digital platforms," said Meredith National Media Group President Tom Harty. "With the launch of Parents Latina, we are putting a new stake in the marketplace. We will leverage the power of Parents – the most respected brand in the lifestyle category focusing on moms – along with Meredith Hispanic Media and our 100-million-name database that includes 60 percent of all U.S. millennial women, to provide marketers with a powerful new platform to reach these very desirable consumers." Currently, Meredith serves Hispanic women exclusively through the following multimedia brands:
- Siempre Mujer – Published six times a year with a ratebase of 550,000, Siempre Mujer is a Spanish- language women's lifestyle title written for, by and about the modern Hispanic woman living in the U.S. With fresh, authentic and inspiring content, Siempre Mujer is the Latina's source for the things she cares about most – family, beauty, style, fitness, fashion, arts, culture and career.
- Ser Padres – Published eight times a year with a ratebase of 850,000, Ser Padres is a celebration of today's Latina mom. Serving Spanish-speaking parents, Ser Padres offers content and information that empower and inspire Latina moms with solutions for their children, home and life.
- Ser Padres Espera – Published three times a year with a ratebase of 500,000, Ser Padres Espera serves new and first-time expectant Spanish-speaking parents. It empowers moms-to-be with valuable, in-language information about each trimester, helping her enjoy a healthy and happy pregnancy.
- Ser Padres Beb e – Published annually with a ratebase of 600,000, Ser Padres Beb e serves the Hispanic new parents market, and is the trusted source for new moms looking for education and inspiration on raising a healthy and happy baby.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts