NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- KKR and Co. L.P (KKR), a private equity firm, has agreed to buy a one third stake in the energy business of Spain's Acciona SA (ACXIF) for $567 million as the two companies work to create one of the largest renewable energy portfolios in the world, Reuters reports.
Acciona is a conglomerate group dedicated to civil engineering, construction, and infrastructure.
As part of the deal the portfolio will include Acciona's renewable operating assets outside of Spain, which consist of wind farms and some solar plants, totaling 2.3 gigawatts spanning 14 countries including the U.S., Italy, and South Africa, Reuters added.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The transaction is expected to close at the end of the year. ACXIF data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV