AGAWAM, Mass., June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags New England will be retiring the infamous wooden rollercoaster Cyclone on Sunday, July 20. Riders from throughout the region will want to visit the Thrill Capital of New England during the next few weeks to experience their last ride ever on this nostalgic coaster. For over three decades, Cyclone has thrilled, entertained and created memories for families and thrill seekers of all ages.
Cyclone opened at Six Flags New England on June 24, 1983 and has inspired generations of coaster lovers. The concept of the attraction was based off of a popular ride at Coney Island that provided high impact thrills in a small footprint. While the current frame is different than the old attraction, Cyclone at Six Flags New England quickly established its fan base and has remained a popular and beloved coaster over the last thirty years.
As one of the largest wooden coasters in the world, the amazing wooden architecture unfurls over 3,400 feet of track. As 24 thrill seekers board each Cyclone train, they quickly climb 109 feet to the top then plummet down at speeds of over 50 miles per hour. Riders also experience twist and turns around every corner as they face a variety of hills and weightlessness. Like any wooden coaster, the clicks and rattles from the frame only enhance the element of thrill riders face. Cyclone currently is one of the two wooden coasters housed at Six Flags New England.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV