June 24, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot (Nasdaq: SALE), the largest digital offers destination in
the United States
, announced today the launch of a tablet app for iPad users interested in easier-to-use planning tools that help them save money while they shop. The free RetailMeNot Coupons app for iPad is now available in the
iTunes App Store
As tablet commerce grows, the RetailMeNot Coupons app for iPad will help support a growing base of consumers who enjoy using a tablet device to research shopping options and make transactions. According to a
report written by
from Forrester Research, Inc. (U.S. Mobile Phone and Tablet Commerce Forecast, 2013 to 2018), mobile phone and tablet commerce is expected to top
by the end of 2014 and
by 2018. The same report by Mulpuru cites that the growth is being driven by nearly 200 million U.S. smartphone subscribers and nearly 100 million U.S. regular tablet users.
"RetailMeNot's new iPad app will make it easier for consumers to plan, shop and save at their favorite stores, whether online or in-store," said Cotter Cunningham, CEO and founder, RetailMeNot, Inc. "Because tablets are becoming an increasingly important shopping tool, RetailMeNot designed an iPad app with a user interface that makes it easy to take advantage of thousands of opportunities to save."
Features of the RetailMeNot Coupons app for iPad include:
- Built-in geo-location technology and maps that highlight offers at nearby malls and stores to help consumers in research and planning mode
- Ability to pick favorite stores within the iPad app and have offers from those stores show up first in nearby mall search results
- Ability to search for more than 500,000 deals and coupons from nearly 50,000 online and brick-and-mortar stores
- "Hot deals" homepage button that includes curated offers by RetailMeNot merchandisers
- Time-shift functionality that enables signed-in RetailMeNot members to save and share deals between devices (desktop, mobile app and tablet) for later use online or in-store
"With 70 percent of our smartphone app launches happening outside a geofenced shopping location—in addition to proprietary research we have conducted on customer shopping behavior—we know that there is significant demand among consumers for an easy-to-use planning tool that helps them save before they go to the mall," said Jag Bath, senior vice president of product, RetailMeNot, Inc. "As the tablet device becomes a more meaningful driver of retail sales, we will continue to make enhancements to the RetailMeNot tablet app to support consumers who are looking to save money while they shop."