NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's a look at last week's three biggest winners and the three biggest losers among the companies I profiled before they reported their quarterly results.
Here are the updated profiles for the post-earnings winners and losers, followed by two "crunching the numbers" tables.
And the winners are:CarMax ($51.91) is up 17% since June 17 after being down 5.8% year to date. The company beat analysts' earnings-per-share estimates by 10 cents, earning 76 cents. The stock set an all-time intraday high at $53.67 on Friday, popping above its 200-day simple moving average at $47.28. The company has experienced a nice turnaround. The weekly chart is positive with its five-week modified moving average at $47.59 and its 200-week SMA at $36.67. Weekly and annual value levels are $50.67 and $46.75, respectively, with semiannual and quarterly risky levels at $56.61 and $60.33, respectively. Kroger (KR) ($49.40) is up 5.4% since June 17 after being up 19% year to date. The company beat analysts' EPS estimates by 4 cents, earning $1.09. The stock set an all-time intraday high at $50.20 on Friday, well above its 200-day SMA at $42.18. The company has benefited from analysts' upgrades, The weekly chart remains positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at $47.60. Semiannual and monthly value levels are $44.89 and $44.60, respectively, with weekly and quarterly risky levels at $50.53 and $51.65, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV