3D Systems (DDD), through its subsidiaries, operates as a provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions in the U.S., Germany, the Asia-Pacific and other European countries. This stock closed up 7.2% to $57.23 in Monday's trading session.
Monday's Volume: 7.10 million
Three-Month Average Volume: 4.45 million
Volume % Change: 175%
From a technical perspective, DDD ripped sharply higher here and broke out above some near-term overhead resistance at $56.95 with above-average volume. Market players should now look for a continuation move to the upside in the short-term if DDD manages to take out Monday's intraday high of $57.23 with strong upside volume.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DDD as long as it's trending above some past resistance at $55 and then once it sustains a move or close above $57.23 with volume that hits near or above 4.45 million shares. If that move begins soon, then DDD will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $60 to $61, or even its 200-day moving average of $64.42.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV