NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of Giga-tronics, Inc. (GIGA) are lower by -9.60% to $2.92 in after-hours trading today after reporting a net loss for the 2014 fourth quarter of -$1.3 million, or 25 cents per dilutes share, compared to a net loss for the 2013 fourth quarter of -$1.6 million, or 31 cents per diluted share.
The company, which produces instruments, subsystems, and sophisticated microwave components used in defense electronics, aeronautics, and wireless telecommunications, posted net sales of $2.9 million for the most recent quarter versus $2.8 million for the year ago period.
Giga-tronics also reported its full year 2014 earnings results which showed a net loss of -$3.7 million, or 74 cents per diluted share for the 2014 fourth quarter, compared to a net loss of -$4.2 million, or 84 cents per diluted share for the 2013 fiscal year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, GIGA-TRONICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.55, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that GIGA's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.56 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- 39.36% is the gross profit margin for GIGA-TRONICS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GIGA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GIGA's net profit margin of -21.01% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- GIGA, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$0.87 million to -$0.72 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GIGA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV