NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Twitter Inc. (TWTR) are slightly lower in after-hours trading after it was reported that the microblogging company said it hasn't agreed to block extremist accounts in Russia, rebutting earlier statements by the country that access was being restricted, Bloomberg reports.
Twitters said it's been showing Russian officials how to report illegal content so that it could be withheld in the country, without committing to remove any specific accounts, Bloomberg added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV