NEW ALBANY, Ohio, June 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq:BOBE) today announced the appointment of Mark Hood, an exceptionally experienced financial executive in the restaurant and retail fields, as Chief Financial Officer of the Company. Mr. Hood will join the Company immediately.
Most recently, Mr. Hood served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Brown Shoe Company (NYSE:BWS), a $2.6 billion operator of retail shoe stores and marketer of footwear, from 2006 to 2012. Previously, he served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer with Panera Bread Company, a leader in the quick-casual restaurant business, from 2003 to 2006, after joining that company in 2002. His prior experience includes two decades of service with May Department Stores Company, Inc., Saks Holdings, Inc., and U.S. Loyalty Corporation, in various financial and administrative senior management roles.
"Mark Hood brings proven leadership, financial management, accounting and auditing skills, along with abundant experience in both the retail and restaurant fields, to Bob Evans," said Steve Davis, Bob Evans Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "His track record and keen business judgment make him an outstanding addition to our management team. He has the background to 'hit the ground running,' and we look forward to working with him immediately.""I am delighted to return to the food industry and to work with the Bob Evans team to help build on the Company's attractive opportunities," Mr. Hood said. "The Bob Evans heritage and its strong base in both the restaurant and food industries are considerable assets and I look forward to helping to enhance their value to benefit all of the Company's shareholders." Mr. Hood, a Certified Public Accountant, began his career as an auditor with Arthur Andersen LLP in 1974. He holds a B.S. in Accounting and Economics from Iowa State University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV