3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Non-Durables Industry Lower
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.The Consumer Non-Durables industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.1%. Laggards within the Consumer Non-Durables industry included Ocean Bio-Chem (OBCI), down 3.2%, Exceed (EDS), down 2.3%, Orient Paper (ONP), down 3.5%, Northern Technologies International (NTIC), down 2.1% and Fuwei Films (Holdings (FFHL), down 3.1%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:Northern Technologies International (NTIC) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today. Northern Technologies International was down $0.45 (2.1%) to $21.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,509 shares of Northern Technologies International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.78-$21.49 after having opened the day at $21.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.45. Northern Technologies International Corporation develops, markets, and sells rust and corrosion inhibiting products and services under the ZERUST brand name to the automotive, electronics, electrical, mechanical, military, retail consumer, and oil and gas markets. Northern Technologies International has a market cap of $93.2 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 15.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates Northern Technologies International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on NTIC go as follows:
- NTIC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NTIC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.18, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 36.82% is the gross profit margin for NORTHERN TECH INTL which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.48% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 332.97% to $3.95 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NORTHERN TECH INTL has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 35.32%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 136.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.43 million to $1.03 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV