3 Stocks Boosting The Utilities Sector Higher
- Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA Y COM's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EDN's share price has jumped by 385.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Electric Utilities industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$99.74 million to -$93.06 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.57 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.46, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $45.89 million or 25.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts