"Amateurs want to be right. Professionals want to make money." Anonymous
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Another strange day, with some stocks floating slowly higher and breaking out but then not really going anywhere.
Things still look fine but they aren't behaving superbly yet.
That said, many bases are still looking great and all we need is a spark to get things ignited.I'm heavy into stocks now and into about half my margin in anticipation of a spark but I can quickly get out if I smell any weakness coming.
SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) is still holding the breakout area but not going anywhere fast and on very light volume. They say never short a dull market -- this is as dull as they come. Often, very tight action of a few days leads to a large move so we will see if this plays out over the next few days. Have a great evening and Tuesday. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff. >>3 Lessons Lululemon and American Apparel Need to Learn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV