On CNBC’s “Cramer’s Mad Dash” segment, TheStreet’s Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said the stock is breaking out to the upside.
Some analysts are calling for higher earnings per share estimates; Deutsche Bank sees EPS above $9 in 2016.
If this turns out to be true and more analysts begin to move their targets higher, Tesla could easily be on its way to $300 per share, he reasoned.Turning to MannKind (MNKD), shares are spiking ~13% on news that it has struck a deal with Sanofi (SNY) for its insulin inhalant treatment. In the licensing agreement, Sanofi will pay $925 million and receive 65% of the future profits (or losses), while MannKind will retain 35%, Cramer said. This is good news for MannKind, and will force many of the short-sellers to cover their positions, he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV