NEWARK, N.J., June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines customers returning to the United States through Newark Liberty International Airport may now enjoy a faster, more flyer-friendly customs experience. The airline has installed 20 Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosks by BorderXpress in the Terminal C customs hall at its Newark Liberty hub – the New York area's premier international gateway.
United's new APC kiosks expedite the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) entry process by enabling United customers to scan their passport and complete their customs declaration before proceeding to a CBP officer. The kiosks significantly reduce customs wait times, accelerating the screening process by an average of 89 percent according to Vancouver Airport Authority, which manufactures the units.
"This technology will offer our customers shorter wait times, less congestion and faster flight connections," said Don Wright, the airline's vice president at Newark Liberty. "We're pleased to bring Automated Passport Control to our New York-area hub, and we will continue to invest in services that provide more choice, control and convenience to our global customers."
"U.S. Customs and Border Protection places a significant value on our public-private partnerships, and we continue to collaborate on innovations to improve the international arrivals process," said Robert E. Perez, director of CBP's New York Field Operations. "The Automated Passport Control kiosks are a prime example of our efforts to deploy a solution that is mutually beneficial for CBP, airline carriers, airport authorities and international air travelers."United customers who use the kiosks follow a set of simple on-screen instructions to obtain a receipt confirming their identity and flight information. Passengers then bring the receipt and their passport to a CBP officer for final processing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV