- Remained the nation's safest railroad, with the lowest rates of employee injuries;
- Achieved the company's most fuel efficient year ever – CSX can move a ton of freight 470 miles on a single gallon of fuel;
- Progressed toward our goal to reduce the company's greenhouse gas emissions intensity between 6 and 8 percent from 2011 levels by 2020;
- Hired more than 2,300 employees, about 30 percent of whom are military veterans;
- Collaborated with customers to develop 121 new or expanded facilities on the network, representing $3 billion in customer investments and more than 1,600 new job opportunities;
- Provided more than $16 million in corporate giving to communities;
- Logged more than 25,000 hours of employee volunteer time;
- Partnered with national and local organizations, including City Year, Future Farmers of America, American Red Cross, Alliance for Community Trees, Action For Healthy Kids, The Nature Conservancy, National Safe Place and Dignity U Wear.
- Invested $2.3 billion back into its 21,000 mile network toward maintaining and improving its existing infrastructure and to position itself for long-term growth through expanding network and terminal capacity.
CSX 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report Highlights Business, Safety, And Sustainability Commitments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts