NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Agile Therapeutics (AGRX) soared to a 52-week high of $12.53 on Monday after the women's health specialty pharmaceutical company announced the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued a new patent for its Skinfusion transdermal delivery device, the contraceptive patch Twirla.
"The granting of this patent further strengthens the patent protection of our proprietary Skinfusion® transdermal technology used in our contraceptive patch, Twirla currently in Phase 3 clinical development," said Agile president and CEO Al Altomari. "The issuance of this patent demonstrates our commitment to protecting our intellectual property in our proprietary transdermal technology and is expected to provide protection into 2028."
The stock was up 43.79% to $11 at 2:09 p.m. More than 1.4 million shares had changed hands, which beat the average volume of 309,870.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV