3 Stocks Driving The Health Care Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, Covidien ( COV) is up $0.99 (1.1%) to $91.10 on average volume. Thus far, 1.9 million shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.85-$91.16 after having opened the day at $89.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.11. Covidien plc develops, manufactures, and sells healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings worldwide. Covidien has a market cap of $41.1 billion and is part of the health services industry. Shares are up 32.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts who rate Covidien a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Covidien as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Covidien Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts