BATTLE CREEK, Mich.
June 23, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- Today marks the grand opening of the
Recharge Bar to educate families about the power of protein and grains found in a serving of
cereal and one cup of skim milk – America's #1 breakfast. When it comes to nutrition at breakfast, there's a lot of information out there and a recent survey revealed that when hearing "protein and grains," only 20 percent
of Americans think of cereal and milk.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
"I'm excited to be a part of the opening of
Recharge Bar to show everyone how easy it is to get a nutritious breakfast with a bowl of cereal and milk," said Emmy-award nominated physician Dr.
. "A bowl of cereal and one cup of milk is a great way to start the day with the right combination of protein and whole grains."
Located at 1701 Broadway Avenue, on W 54th Street and Broadway, the
Recharge Bar will be open to the public for free
7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
daily. Attendees can enjoy a free breakfast of
new cereal and milk combinations, alongside exciting performances from top celebrities. Seating is limited, so those arriving will be granted access on a first come, first serve basis.
Chef, owner and founder of Milk Bar,
, will unveil her unique and delicious combinations of protein and grains including; The King, Banana Nut, Pistachio Lemon, Cinnamon-Apple,
and the Tropical Mermaid. Combinations include Kellogg's favorites –
Kellogg's Raisin Bran®
Special K® Original®, All-Bran Bran-Buds®
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®
- combined with extra protein - skim milk, 2% milk, Milk Bar cereal milk™ - and topped off with tasty, innovative flavor boosts such as ground coffee, lemon zest, almond butter and fruit.
While enjoying a Tosi-created protein and grain combination, or mixing their own customizable mix of
cereal and milk, visitors can experience performances from the following celebrities throughout the week:
- Tuesday, June 24: Emmy-award nominated physician, Dr. Travis Stork, celebrity chef, Christina Tosi, and Kellogg's welcome families to the grand opening of Kellogg's Recharge Bar – serving up tasty protein and grain combinations.
- Wednesday, June 25: Grammy award-winning group, The Roots, will energize families in attendance with a one-of-a kind, cereal-and-milk-inspired performance of the Kellogg's cereal and milk song.
- Thursday, June 26: Emmy award-winning choreographer Derek Hough will put his energy into action by revealing and teaching the cereal and milk dance move.
- Friday, June 27 : Meet and greet with iconic Kellogg's characters, Cornelius "Corny" Rooster and Tony the Tiger.
Keep up to date with the happenings at the
Recharge Bar on
To learn more about how a serving of cereal and one cup of skim milk offers a tasty combination of protein and grains that helps recharge your body, visit Kelloggs.com/CerealAndMilk.