NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Syngenta AG
(SYT) are up 5.32% to $78.34 after Monsanto
(MON) was said to have recently explored a possible $34 billion takeover of its Swiss rival, Bloomberg reports.
The deal, which is now defunct, sources say, is another sign of how U.S. firms in many sectors are trying to avoid corporate taxes by moving their headquarters overseas, Bloomberg said.
Shares of Monsanto are up 0.31% to $122.46.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV