NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Samsung Electronics' (SSNLF) products importer in Israel, Scailex Corp. (SCIXF), said today it had been experiencing problems with batteries of the Galaxy S4 cellular phone, Reuters reports.
Scailex said it was making the announcement after local media reported about malfunctioning batteries, and upon request of the Israel Securities Authority.
Israel newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth reported that thousands of the batteries in Israel had a problem with swelling, and that at least 20 batteries had burst into flames, Reuters added.
The company said the examination was ongoing. Samsung had no comment.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV