SEATTLE, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) today announced that Goodwill Education Initiatives of Indiana (Goodwill Education) has selected Tableau to visualize and understand its data. Goodwill Education, a nonprofit organization focused on adult education, uses Tableau to analyze data on student performance, measure the effectiveness of its programs, and reduce the time required to fulfill compliance reporting requirements. With Tableau, Goodwill Education is instilling a data-driven culture in an industry where data analysis often goes overlooked.
"The education industry is data rich, but analysis light," said Dan Scott, Director of Data Services at Goodwill Education. "Often, those in education can even be data-adverse. When you're in school to become an educator, you are taught how to teach. You're not taught how to analyze data to improve."
Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Goodwill Education provides learning services for adults working toward a high school diploma. The impacts of its programs are wide reaching. To date, its former students have earned an estimated additional $9.3 million more in wages and benefits as a result of working with Goodwill Education.
To analyze the performance of its students and the effectiveness of its programs, Goodwill Education previously relied on a system of manual data reviews that took as long as a week to complete for each school. It needed a tool that would let it quickly analyze data across multiple areas and create interactive reports to let its employees answer their own questions. After trying several other business intelligence solutions, including industry-specific analytics tools, Goodwill Education found Tableau to be the clear choice.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV