NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- HSN Inc (HSNI - Get Report) stock has been upgraded to "buy" from "hold" with a $67 price target, Topeka Capital said Monday. The firm said TV shopping trends appear to be improving.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
-----------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates HSN INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate HSN INC (HSNI) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, HSN INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 35.47% is the gross profit margin for HSN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HSNI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HSNI's net profit margin of 3.11% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.44, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.87 is weak.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HSNI Ratings Report