DALLAS, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first 18-V, 20-A and 30-A synchronous DC/DC buck converters with PMBus interface. The SWIFT TPS544B20 and TPS544C20 converters feature small QFN packages and integrated MOSFETs to drive ASICs in space-constrained and power-dense applications in various markets, including wired and wireless communications, enterprise and cloud computing, and data storage systems. Used in conjunction with TI's award-winning WEBENCH ® online design tools, the converters simplify power conversion and speed the power supply design process. For more information, samples and an evaluation module, visit www.ti.com/tps544b20-pr and www.ti.com/tps544c20-pr.
The highly integrated converters feature 0.5 percent reference voltage accuracy and fully differential remote voltage sensing to meet voltage requirements of deep sub-micron processors. Selectable D-CAP ™ or D-CAP2 ™ adaptive on-time control mode is easy to use, provides very fast load transient response and reduces external component count. Programmability, real-time monitoring of the output voltage, current and external temperature, and fault reporting via PMBus simplifies power supply design, increases reliability and reduces component count and system cost. Watch a video on the benefits of buck regulators with PMBus interface.
For PMBus applications without output voltage, current and board temperature telemetry, TI offers the 12-A SWIFT TPS53915 buck converter. Get more information on TI's complete portfolio of SWIFT products.
TPS544B20 and TPS544C20 key features and benefits
- Integrated power MOSFETs support 20-A and 30-A continuous output current.
- On-chip PMBus interface and non-volatile memory simplify power supply design, provide voltage, current and temperature monitoring, and enable customization of the power supply.
- Selectable D-CAP or D-CAP2 adaptive on-time control mode eliminates output capacitors and requires no loop compensation, which minimizes the external component count.
- Other features include internal soft start, input under-voltage protection and thermal shutdown.
- Download a TPS544C20 reference design from the TI Designs reference design library: " 1V @ 30A Integrated FET Design with PMBus."
- Download a guide to TI's extensive portfolio of PMBus product solutions, design tools and technical resources.
- Get more information on all of TI's SWIFT DC/DC converters.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the Power Management forum in the TI E2E™ Community.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV