NEW YORK and LONDON, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The ICIS Kavaler Award, sponsored by The Chemists' Club in recognition for outstanding achievement as voted on by his peers, will be awarded to LyondellBasell CEO Jim Gallogly.
This unique global chemical industry award will be presented to Mr. Gallogly at a black tie dinner ceremony on Tuesday, September 16, 2014, at the Metropolitan Club of New York.
The distinguishing feature of this award is that the winner is selected by his/her peers - the senior executives selected in the ICIS Top 40 Power Players listing ( http://www.icis.com/about/ICISTop40), a global ranking of the leaders making the greatest impact on the chemical industry."Few have capitalized on the US shale gas boom better than LyondellBasell. Led by Mr. Gallogly, the company has established and maintained a solid financial footing for many years to come," said Joseph Chang, global editor of ICIS Chemical Business. "LyondellBasell has significantly boosted value by returning profits to shareholders though dividends and stock buybacks - all while making smart investments in key expansion projects that will raise cost advantaged capacity without massive capital outlays," he added. "At LyondellBasell, we understand the importance of having a sound business strategy. Striving to get the basics right is essential. We call it 'Everyday Excellence.' It starts with operating our facilities safely and reliably. Nothing matters more. When you do this and apply a disciplined approach to costs and future investments, special things can happen," said Jim Gallogly, CEO of LyondellBasell. "On behalf of all the employees at LyondellBasell, we thank ICIS and The Chemists' Club for this recognition. It honors the hard work of so many in transforming a recently bankrupt company into an industry leader," Gallogly added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV