Outlines ambitious new commitments that will drive environmental sustainability programming through to the end of 2018
TORONTO, June 23, 2014 /CNW/ - Climate change, water and sustainable communities - these are the top three environmental priorities to be addressed by RBC in the coming four years, as outlined in the new RBC Environmental Blueprint. Launched today, this new roadmap outlines how we will approach environmental sustainability globally from now until 2018. Every roadmap needs a destination, so this document not only sets out the corporate environmental policy, objectives and priorities; it includes aggressive targets and a new area of focus to work towards.
"Our Blueprint sets the direction for us to continue to do better: in the way we do business with clients, the way we procure goods and services, in how we operate our own premises, and in how we support environmental initiatives," said Gord Nixon, CEO of RBC. "These efforts make a real difference for our children, our communities and our planet. The ambitious targets we set in the Blueprint show how far we've come and how far we are willing to go."
What's new in the RBC Environmental Blueprint?
- Reduction of our greenhouse gas emissions and the amount of office paper we use
- Commitment to reduce electronic waste going to landfill down to zero
- Pledge to double the amount of LEED certified space we occupy
- Addition of sustainable communities, which joins climate change and water, as one of our three priority environmental issues
- Expansion of our long-standing environmental and social credit risk management policies to cover all regions where we operate