Outlines ambitious new commitments that will drive environmental sustainability programming through to the end of 2018
TORONTO, June 23, 2014 /CNW/ - Climate change, water and sustainable communities - these are the top three environmental priorities to be addressed by RBC in the coming four years, as outlined in the new RBC Environmental Blueprint. Launched today, this new roadmap outlines how we will approach environmental sustainability globally from now until 2018. Every roadmap needs a destination, so this document not only sets out the corporate environmental policy, objectives and priorities; it includes aggressive targets and a new area of focus to work towards.
"Our Blueprint sets the direction for us to continue to do better: in the way we do business with clients, the way we procure goods and services, in how we operate our own premises, and in how we support environmental initiatives," said Gord Nixon, CEO of RBC. "These efforts make a real difference for our children, our communities and our planet. The ambitious targets we set in the Blueprint show how far we've come and how far we are willing to go."
What's new in the RBC Environmental Blueprint?
- Reduction of our greenhouse gas emissions and the amount of office paper we use
- Commitment to reduce electronic waste going to landfill down to zero
- Pledge to double the amount of LEED certified space we occupy
- Addition of sustainable communities, which joins climate change and water, as one of our three priority environmental issues
- Expansion of our long-standing environmental and social credit risk management policies to cover all regions where we operate
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV