You'd Better Be Ready for a 40-Year Retirement
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With people living longer, financial advisers are starting to suggest their clients to "go long" on retirement savings.
The average life expectancy in the U.S. today is 78.7 years, with women living longer than men, 81 years compared with 77 years.
But that's a lot longer than Americans' life expectancy back in 1970, which was 70.8 years.
With Americans living longer, often into their 80s and 90s, advisers are piping up about a so-called "40-year retirement," meaning they'll need a lot more cash saved up for retirement.Also see: Bank Savings Low, Americans Dip Into Retirement Savings Also see: How to Keep Inflation From Killing Your Retirement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV