6 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe This Summer
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With temperatures up and school out, homeowners and renters just want to kick back and enjoy summer -- which sometimes means taking undue risk with their home and possessions.
The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that violent crime and home break-ins rise in the summer months with the heat, school breaks and as more Americans leave their homes to go on vacation.
Not for nothing, but way too many Americans don't secure their homes properly (although they do lock their doors) in the summer -- in fact, 44% of North Americans fall short, according to Master Lock, a Milwaukee security firm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV