Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR), the nation's leading operator of discount variety stores selling everything for $1 or less, held its Annual Meeting of Shareholders at The Founders Inn, in Virginia Beach, Virginia, on Thursday, June 19, 2014.
Shareholders re-elected Arnold S. Barron, Macon F. Brock, Jr., Mary Anne Citrino, H. Ray Compton, Conrad M. Hall, Lemuel E. Lewis, J. Douglas Perry, Bob Sasser, Thomas A. Saunders III, Thomas E. Whiddon, and Carl P. Zeithaml to serve on the Board of Directors. Each of these Directors received a majority of the votes cast at the Meeting.
In addition, shareholders passed a proposal to approve, on an advisory basis, the compensation of the Company’s named executive officers; ratified the selection of KPMG as the Company’s Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm; and approved a shareholder proposal to implement a majority vote standard in uncontested director elections. Each of these proposals received a majority of votes cast at the Meeting.
Dollar Tree, a Fortune 500 Company, operated 5,080 stores in 48 states and 5 Canadian Provinces as of May 3, 2014, with total retail selling square footage of 44.0 million. To learn more about the Company, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV