Trade-Ideas: Hershey (HSY) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- HSY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.2 million.
- HSY is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSY: The Hershey Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, and gum and mint refreshment products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. HSY has a PE ratio of 27.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Hershey a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hershey has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hershey has a market cap of $16.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.12 and a short float of 2.3% with 4.18 days to cover. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hershey as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 49.20% is the gross profit margin for HERSHEY CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.48% is above that of the industry average.
- HERSHEY CO's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HERSHEY CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.61 versus $2.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.11 versus $3.61).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 4.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $241.91 million to $252.50 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, HERSHEY CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Hershey Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.