3 Energy Stocks Nudging The Industry Higher
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $5.57 million or 76.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD is rather low; currently it is at 24.70%. Regardless of FES's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FES's net profit margin of -1.17% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.21 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, FES has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.32, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD has improved earnings per share by 46.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$0.63 versus $0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.25 versus -$0.63).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.