Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer said Williams Companies (WMB) was the top performer last quarter, and this oil and natural gas pipeline powerhouse is still a buy. Cramer was also bullish on the number two performer, Newfield Exploration (NFX), which is growing production at 28% a year.
Other standouts from last quarter include Micron Technology (MU) and Sandisk (SNDK). Cramer said both these stocks are buys on weakness. He was also bullish on Anadarko Petroleum (APC), a stock he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS.Cramer told viewers to sell Iron Mountain (IRM) because that story has played out, but he still likes Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VTRX) and Molson Coors (TAP) as beer sales continue to rebound.
Reinventing AlcoaCompanies really can reinvent themselves, Cramer told viewers, sometimes even without a push from activist investors. That has certainly been the case with Alcoa (AA), a stock that popped 5.7% today on another strong quarter, offering investors a 40% gain for the year. Cramer said Alcoa continues to reinvent itself: First by lowering costs, thanks to closing high cost plants and boosting earnings per share, but also by innovating, creating new metals and new uses for aluminum in everything from cars and aircraft to contraction and consumer products. Alcoa's transformation is only just beginning, Cramer concluded, which is why he continues to be a fan of the company and its CEO.
Off the ChartsIn the "Off The Charts" segment, Cramer went head to head with colleague Bob Lang over the direction of the biotechs, namely Biogen Idec (BIIB), Regeneron (REGN), Celgene (CELG) and Gilead Sciences (GILD).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV