3 Basic Materials Stocks Pushing The Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, Dow Chemical ( DOW) is up $0.50 (1.0%) to $52.57 on average volume. Thus far, 3.8 million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.00-$52.68 after having opened the day at $52.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.07. The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products for use as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $63.2 billion and is part of the chemicals industry. Shares are up 17.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 4 analysts who rate Dow Chemical a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dow Chemical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts