NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of DISH Network Corp. (DISH) are up 3.43% to $61.86 on heavy trading volume after it was reported that Verizon Wireless (VZ) is very interested in buying Dish Network's spectrum, the New York Post reports.
A top Verizon executive told a group of insiders in the last few weeks that the country's number one wireless carrier was eyeing the lucrative spectrum owned by Charlie Ergen's satellite-TV company, a banker with direct knowledge of the conversation said, the Post noted.
Analysts estimate that Dish's spectrum could be worth up to $17 billion.The companies have held informal, early talks about the spectrum, another source told the Post. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV